Program - Panel
CHCE 2017 Panelists are ready to engage and discuss, debate and respond. Here is a sample of questions for the panelists. Be sure to bring your own as well! And don’t forget to Register after perusing the amazing lineup of presentations!
- What is the current status of Cannabis laws in Canada?
- How will these laws change with the new legislature for legalization?
- What can we learn from the USA legalization initiatives?
- What is the public health approach to Cannabis legalization?
- How can Cannabis be de-stigmatized in the mainstream medical community?
- What is the difference between THC and CBD and what roles do they play in Cancer treatment, epilepsy, pain, inflammation and other medical conditions?
- Will Canadians be able to grow their own Cannabis?
- In indoor growing, what drivers create the biggest environmental impacts, and how have growing techniques evolved to reduce greater carbon footprint?
Saturday early afternoon
12:20 – 12:50
Cannabis and Cancer (Panel)
Dr. Chris Spooner (Paradigm Naturopathic Medicine) , Paula Doyle Weigel (Medical Cannabis Clinic), Dr. Dave Hepburn and Corrie Yelland (Cannabis Health Radio)
Moderator: Siobhan McCarthy (Cannalife Botanicals)
MC: David Hutchinson (Cannabis Health Consultant)
14:55 – 15:25
Patient Access and Patient Care (Panel)
Jamie Shaw , David Hutchinson (Cannabis Health Consultant), Ian Dawkins (Cannabis Commerce Association of Canada) and Andrea Dobbs (Village Dispensary)
Moderator: David Remillard
MC: Alyse Gabriel
Saturday late afternoon
16:05 – 16:35
Cannabis Growing and Cultivation (Panel)
David Bernard Perron (Whistler Medical Marijuana Corporation), Susan Sheldon (Temple of the Way of Light), Travis Lane (Internet Dispensary) and Calvin Thomas (White Buffalo Seeds)
Moderator: Selena Wong (Flower of Life Compassion Club Association)
MC: Semir Yusuf (Ganja Yoga)
Sunday early afternoon
Sunday late afternoon
16:10 – 16:40
Hemp Reality – Seed, Grain, Flower and Stalk Uses Plus Industry Updates (Panel)
Anndrea Hermann (Ridge International Cannabis Consulting), Joy Beckerman (Hemp Ace International), Ruth Shamai (Ruth’s Hemp Foods) and Martin A. Lee (Project CBD).
Moderator: Anna C. Owen (Redwood Hemp)
MC: Semir Yusuf
17:45 – 18:15
Legalization and Public Activism (Panel)
John Conroy (Conroy & Company), Jodie Emery (Cannabis Culture), Mark Haden (Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies, MAPS Canada), Dana Larsen (Medicinal Cannabis Dispensary), David Malmo-Levine (Stressed and Depressed Dispensary) and Robert W. E. Laurie (Ad Lucem Law)
Moderator: Jamie Shaw (MMJ Canada)
MC: Dr. Dave Hepburn